What Do I Need to Know About Other Resources?
- Admissions and Registration
- Advising and Counseling
- Disability Support Services
- Financial Aid
- Library Resources
- Testing Centers
- Veterans and Military Services
- IT Help Desk
- Tutoring and Academic Resources
- Post Test
There is a wealth of information available to help you work through the application and registration process. Here’s how to apply for admission to the college and register for courses:
- You can contact the NOVA Online counseling office by phone at (703) 323-2425 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also contact the counseling office on any campus.
- You can find information about Career Development on the Career Services page.
- You can find information about Transfer Planning on the Transfer Resources page.
- NOVA does not provide personal counseling, but you can find many resources to support your personal needs on the Office of Wellness and Mental Health page.
Check the testing center hours to make sure it is open when you want to take an exam. You may use a testing center on any campus. Testing Center hours sometimes vary, so double check the hours before you go to campus.
Be sure you allow enough time to take the exam. All exams are collected 15 minutes before the testing center closes.
Be sure to bring a government issued photo ID or NOVA Card.
The NOVA IT Help Desk is operational seven days a week:
|Monday-Friday||6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Holiday||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Local Telephone: 703.426.4141 Toll-Free: 855.259.1019 (outside of Northern Virginia)
Online Student Success Strategies are available through StudentLingo.
Tutor.com is a free online tutoring service available to all NOVA students, 24-hours a day, seven days a week. You can access through your Canvas classes. For more information about Tutor.com, including services and hours, see the Online Tutoring page at https://www.nvcc.edu/tutoring/online-tutoring.html.
Take this post-test to see how much you know about resources online learning.
Be sure to review the Important Dates each semester to prevent possible automatic withdrawal from your class.