How do I order my Online Learning Course books?
Ordering your NOVA Online books and other course materials for NOVA Online courses is easy. Just go to http://nvcc-eli.bncollege.com. Note: NOVA Online course sections begin with an "E". You may order textbooks and other course materials by any of the following methods:
(Note: Students can now use their Financial Aid to purchase their books online.)
Textbooks are available for all NOVA Online courses through the NOVA Online Bookstore website. American Express, VISA, Mastercard and Discover are accepted forms of payment. Allow 1 - 2 business days for processing. See steps below.
Steps to Order Online:
- Click on the Textbook link.
- Select Term (e.g. Spring 2013).
- Select Department (e.g. ENG, HIS, ADJ).
- Select Course Number (e.g. 101, 102, 201).
- Select Section Number.
- Click on Add Course, then View Textbook List.
- Follow the rest of the directions to purchase your books.
If you prefer to pick up your textbooks in person, NOVA Online textbooks currently are available only at the Alexandria Campus Bookstore. If you have questions, you may call 1.888.SHIPTEXT or 703.671.0043 to speak to a bookstore representative.
A complete list of course materials appears in your course syllabus. If you are unable to locate it, contact your professor directly.
Some publishers are making textbooks available in an electronic format. You can purchase access to these electronic versions through the NOVA Online Bookstore website or the publisher’s site. If you are considering purchasing an electronic version of a textbook rather than a hardback textbook, be aware of the following information:
- If your course allows open-book exams, you will not be able to use your electronic text, printouts of the electronic text or copies of the pages of a hardback textbook during the exam. If you will want to use your book on these open-book exams, you should opt to buy a physical book rather than an eBook.
- Unlike a hardback textbook, eBooks cannot be returned.
- Access to an eBook may expire after a period of time. If you need the text for a second semester or get an extension to complete the course, you need to make sure you have enough time to complete the course(s).
- Some publishers block printing from electronic textbooks.
- Some publishers block the use of screen readers when accessing the electronic textbooks.
To determine what restrictions the publisher has placed on the eBook you are considering purchasing, after you have searched for the book in the Digital Textbooks site, click the book title and then click “eContent Details” on the NOVA Online Bookstore website.